Wednesday 1 August 2012

London 2012: Cavendish Delighted With Top 30 Finish


Team GB cyclist Mark Cavendish revealed he is ‘overjoyed’ having had time to reflect upon a spectacular performance in last Sunday’s road race.

The Laughing CAValier 

The mild mannered Manxman secured 29th place, finishing within almost a mile of eventual race winner Kazak, Alexander Vinokourov.

An ecstatic Cavendish told World of Sports: “I was just happy to be in the same race as some of the world’s best cyclists, but the crowd gave me that extra ten percent I needed to nearly keep up with them. I’m over the moon, honest”

When asked about the huge crowds lining the 150 mile route, Britain’s second most popular cyclist said: “It was fantastic to see so many people out on the course. Although going round and round the track in Beijing meant I could at least wave to my family every 20 seconds which was also quite nice.”

The bandy legged sprint king went on to described as “Nonsense” rumours that following Sunday’s road race he had thrown his bike into the river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment